Saturday, July 29, 2006

No Gnus is Good Gnus

Stil no gnus er, news, on the uni job. I don't think I'll hear anything now, it's more than a week after their contact said they hoped to be doing interviews. Oh well.

*tear*

It's frustrating when you know how well suited to the job you would be, and the skills they say they want are exactly the ones you've got, and more.

My pessimistic side suspects there is some anti-call centre experience snobbery at play. It's a reasonably prevalent attitude that call centre representatives are somehow mentally deficient. I agree there's quite a few that live up to that stereotype, hell, I work with enough of them. But I don't go round thinking that all people who work in retail are disinterested bimbos either.
</sour grapes>

Meanwhile, it's a certain someone's 30th birthday this Thursday and I still haven't got him a present. I have a couple of things in mind but I won't be able to get them until Friday, partly due to the need for payday to swing round and partly because I'm working 9 - 5 all week and can't get in to town. Poor Planning Produces Pain. :/

However, I expect to see as many people as possible at Hadley's on Saturday, for pre-Lala celebratory birthday cocktails. Or there'll be trouble.