Thursday, March 09, 2006

It was good. Belated wrap-up.

Here are some photos. Unfortunately these aren't ones that I took. The ones that I took turned out either stupidly blurry or kinda average. These awesome ones were taken by a dude from TranceAddict. This particular experience has made me want to learn how to get the most out of my camera...




Armin played more tech than I was expecting. It was still a great set, but not up there with the mind-blowing uplifting stuff of 2003.
Techno is taking over the world. :(

Markus Shulz was a pleasant surprise.

Kai Tracid was a disappointment - a LOT of really old stuff. Nothing wrong with the tracks, but a bit... I dunno. Flat. Reminded me of what I was playing 3 or 4 years ago. We didn't bother staying to the end. We went back to our swanky hotel.

The rest of the trip was great. Shopping, eating, catching up with friends, trashy lolling about on Sunday (although not nearly as trashy as I was hoping for, but probably much better for the brinz).

We went to the Melbourne Aquarium and saw a 7-metre long Giant Squid (the only complete specimen in the world, apparently) peering out from an equally giant ice cube. Its eyeball is as big as my head. I used to have nightmares about being attacked by a Giant Squid, where its suckers would stick to my face, over my nose and mouth and suffocate me.
I can't and never could knowingly eat octopus, because of the suckers on the tentacles. Urgghh.
Calamari though, yummm.

Which segues nicely into the meal we had at Claypots. For $76, we ate garlic prawns, served in a little wok thingy with hot oil and wedges of bread (these prawns were not prawns, actually, they were baby lobsters, I swear, they were each the size of banana) and chilli crabs, which almost required an engineering degree to extract the meat. Brute force (read: nutcracker) won in the end. Possibly one of the messiest but equally fun and delicious meals I can remember. And I couldn't even buy that amount of quality seafood for that price in Tasmania, let alone have it cooked and served up to me. Five stars.

Reasons for moving to Melbourne - current tally: 11
Reasons for staying in Tassie - current tally: 5

2 x 2c:

Anonymous Anonymous babbled...

yay Two Tribes!

I'm seriously considering a move myself.. perhaps later next year. Seems like it's the place to be!

5:44 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous babbled...

^^Meh! There are plenty of exciting things to do in every state. Going to another for a holiday, in which you stay in a swanky hotel and have lots of spending money, is different from living there and paying teh rent :P

Although yeah, def a logical next step !

9:17 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home