Saturday, December 10, 2005

DOH!!

I got caught.

My employer has embarked on a war on internets. This means that my long-time (3 years) habit of having several different forums open, which I read (and sometimes post on) in between calls, was discovered. My team manager has an Excel spreadsheet of every single freaking link I've followed (some of which could be misconstrued, and were, in horrible ways) for the last few days. EEK. I was told in no uncertain terms to shut them down and never view them again.

Waaaah!

It's not fair. The posting on forums, yeah, I can see that's a no-no. But what about just reading them? What's the difference between that, and reading a magazine - which many other people do, when it's not busy.

To be fair to them though, I was abusing the company internet policy, (there were a few times there when I was actually taking time out of the call queues to read my beloved Freshdisko) and the thankfully unofficial reprimand was therefore reasonably justified.

Chickens. Roosted.

1 x 2c:

Anonymous Anonymous babbled...

this is one of my greatest fears! good thing they didn't go so hard on you.

But you think perhaps a warning, before you'd built up 3 years worth of links?

11:08 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home