Thursday, July 13, 2006

One door closes....

Well no, I didn't get the job. I didn't mind initially, but then they publicised the list of successful applicants.

Meh.

Rock beats scissors.
Bragging incompetence beats accomplished timidity.

I got some excellent feedback from the interviewers though, which will help me in my next quest...

There's a really interesting looking Student Adviser position going at the Uni. The pay is more than what I'm on now even with weekend loadings, regular hours, amazing (like, 17%) superannuation... and best yet, the campus is just down the road. If I walk to work most days, not only will I get fit from walking back up Lynton Avenue, which is almost steep enough to require a ladder, but I'll save at least $80 a month on petrol.

But I have to finish writing the application first. How on earth do you demonstrate "an understanding of the University environment" in writing? I was a student once, does that count??

Back to it then, it closes tomorrow. Eek.

2 x 2c:

Anonymous Anonymous babbled...

job applications, erk! Don't envy you!

But sounds great, fingers crossed :)

I'd love to be able to walk to work (instead my ass is firmly planted in either car seat or office chair all day every day..)

11:17 am  
Anonymous Anonymous babbled...

Hey you know me and Pie, that's a pretty decent understanding of how uni life works ;)

Good luck with it! change is good as a holiday, this may be just the thing you're looking for!!

8:57 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home